August Chapter Meeting - Survive and Thrive as a BA
How to Survive and Thrive as a Business Analyst
IIBA Palmetto, RTP, and DC Metro Chapters
Joint Virtual Meeting
Wednesday, August 23, 2023
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT (GMT - 4 hours)
All BAs are running their own practice – be they independent contractors or permanent employees; BAs are competing to survive in a resource-constrained employment environment.
So, what does a BA need to not only survive but thrive in this ever-changing environment?
- BAs need to follow processes – knowledge of and development of standard ways of working help the BA become faster and more efficient. Building our own practices requires us to champion the concepts we perform for our stakeholders.
- BAs need to re-use – BAs need to create re-use in their work at all times to enable themselves to prevent rework. Seeking opportunities for this requires skills that need to be honed to ensure efficiency.
- BAs need to think more – about their business, stakeholders, and work environment. Thinking requires information and sharing ideas. Exploring the requirements for higher-quality thinking is vital to making a BA stand out in the crowd.
- BAs need to follow the value – this begins with understanding what value is in both business and business analysis. BAs must understand how to measure success in business and business analysis.
- BAs need to be human – the basis of much of the effort is human contact with stakeholders, and as professionals, building networks and collaborating contribute greatly to success in business analysis practice.
Join us as we explore these concepts to enable BAs to shift their thinking and views of the services they offer to stakeholders.
Education Hours: 1.5 CDUs for IIBA Recertification
Location: Online via Zoom
To register, please click the button below.
Price: F R E E
Speaker: Nadine Millner, CBAP
Nadine Millner is a professional Business Analyst and Business Analysis Instructor. As such, she is strongly motivated to inspire business analysts to love their career choice the way she has. As a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) with deep business analysis experience, Nadine has spent two decades practicing in the field of Business Analysis and several years facilitating the development of business analysts through training and professional practice.
With experience spanning the globe, collaborating on and leading projects crossing the USA, UK, and South Africa, significant portions of her career have been spent analyzing and documenting business requirements and facilitating the development of effective business solutions. [https://www.linkedin.com/in/nadinethebusinessba/]